The Hill Center at SJC Brooklyn officially reopened its fitness center and basketball gym this week.
The College’s sports complex had been closed since March, due to COVID-19 restrictions put in place for gyms and fitness centers across the state. The reopening plan employs a reservation system to use the fitness area and the gymnasium, explained campus Recreational Sports and Fitness Director Edward Campana Jr.
Make a reservation here, using your SJC email address.
What You Need to Know About the Reopening
The health and safety of the college community is the highest priority at St. Joseph’s, and the reopening plan closely follows New York State Department of Health guidelines — just like the College-wide return-to-work and -campus plans. The reopening plan ensures visitors to The Hill Center can enjoy fitness activities in an enhanced safe and secure facility.
- Visit the reservation website and save your spot up to five days in advance. Time slots are available in 45 minute intervals, beginning at the top of the hour. This gives staff 15 minutes to clean and sanitize the equipment before the next round of visitors arrive.
- Limited capacity at the Fitness Center will allow up to six people to workout at the same time — meaning only four people in the cardio room and two in the weight room at a time.
- Open Gym Reservations can accommodate eight people — or two people at each basketball hoop — for a one-hour session.
- Locker rooms and showers remain closed.
- Visitors must present their daily Health Clearance Pass upon entering the building.
- All students, staff and faculty need to provide a valid SJC ID card to use the facility.
- Each visitor is required to wear a mask or face covering at all times.
Visitors should review the updated rules and regulations for The Hill Center before booking a time slot.
New Fitness Center Hours starting Monday, October 26th! Be sure to make your reservations on https://t.co/Y4boUfzrVf and stay tuned for future updates on Weekly Open Gym Hours! https://t.co/XDPvU3cVjI
— The Hill Center (SJC BK Recreation & Fitness) (@TheHillCenter) October 23, 2020