Need a hand – or maybe a heart – to help get you in the Valentine’s Day spirit? You need not look any further than SJC Long Island and SJC Brooklyn. As Valentine’s Day approaches, the College’s clubs and student government groups have lined up a plethora of activities and events, all aimed at spreading a little more love this week.
Valentine’s Day at SJC Long Island …
- Stop by the student lounge in O’Connor Hall Feb. 13 for SJC’s National Student Speech-Language Hearing Association Club’s “Valentine’s Day Bake Sale”. The bake sale will be held from 1-2 p.m. For more information about this event contact: email@example.com
- Treat yourself to the soothing gift of meditation led by SJC’s Peer Health Educators Feb. 14 in St. Joseph’s College Center for Wellness, 1-2 p.m. For more information, visit the center on campus or call 631.687.1259.
- Join the Campus Activities Board (CAB) for their two events Feb. 14 – a “Valentine’s Day Celebration” inside the Eagles Nest in O’ Connor Hall and a “Build a Buddy” event in the Cafeteria. Both take place from 1-2 p.m. For more information about how to get involved, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- SJC’s Latin Dance Club raised funds Feb. 7 while hosting a “Goodie Bag Sale.” Proceeds went to the multiservice community resource, Adelente of Suffolk County. For more information about the club and the organization they support, contact email@example.com.
Valentine’s Day at SJC Brooklyn …
- Join in on the festivities while also supporting a good cause with the Recreation Club Feb. 12, as they host their “Valentine’s Day Dance for The Guild of Exceptional Children.” This event will be held in the Tuohy Hall Auditorium from 6-8 p.m. Guests will treated to free food, arts and crafts, raffles, prizes, music and dance. You must RSVP in order to attend this event. To RSVP, go here or contact the Recreation Club here.
- Feel the love Feb. 13 when you join SJC’s CAB for their “Puppy Love” Valentine’s Day celebration, held in the Tuohy Hall Auditorium, from 1- 2 p.m. There will be food and a live musical performance. For more information about the event, contact CAB here.
- Join SJC’s Campus Ministry for their two events Feb. 13. “Zen Meditation” will be held in the chapel in McEntegart Hall. A “Valentines Day and Mardi Gras Party” will take place in the Tuohy Hall Auditorium. Guests at this event can expect food, music and more, as they kick off the Valentine’s Day celebrations. Both are set to begin at 1 p.m.
- On Feb. 14, enjoy some decadent desserts and a lovely Valentine’s Day chat with SJC’s SGA and Martial Arts Club at the McEntegart Library Lobby from 5 -7 p.m.