St. Joseph’s College is no stranger to giving back. Throughout the academic year, students volunteer time and energy toward service-oriented activities. Whether participating in an alternative winter break or volunteering at a local soup kitchen, our students step up and help out in a big way.
During the holiday season, SJC Brooklyn ramps up its efforts to provide food, clothes and gifts to those in need. By partnering with local charities, shelters and food pantries, the College community does all it can to ensure no one goes hungry or cold during the holidays.
Check out some of our giving efforts this month below!
- SGA and CAB held their annual holiday festival, raffling off club baskets with a portion of the proceeds will be going to A Mother’s Kiss charity.
- The SJC Brooklyn Honors Program and the Recreation Club collected items for elderly residents at the Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- Members of STRIPES participated in a holiday letter writing campaign to soldiers and veterans.
- BK Campus Ministry visited St. John’s Bread of Life to assist with food preparation and distribution, and ran their annual Giving Tree collection for mothers and children through Providence House.
- The Freshman Year Experience program ran their fifth annual SJC Elves event with PS65X in the Bronx.
- The men’s soccer team organized a holiday care package collection with the Adopt-A-Soldier foundation.
- The men’s basketball team gave back of their time and talent to run a weekend clinic in Saint Leo the Great Parish of Lincroft, New Jersey.