Dillon Child Study Center • SJC Brooklyn
The Dillon Child Study Center opened in 1968 in honor of the Rev. William T. Dillon, the College’s third president. Mgsr. Dillon envisioned and created the College’s laboratory preschool, among the first of its kind on the East Coast. Opening in 1934 with seven preschoolers, it was then known as St. Joseph’s College Preschool, and it was housed in a small space in Tuohy Hall. Mgsr. Dillon was a founding member of the national Catholic honor societies, Delta Epsilon Sigma and Kappa Gamma Pi.