The office scheduled 11 straight days of fun activities specifically designed to acclimate new student residents to St. Joseph’s College. Things kick off with move-in day Aug. 24 at the St. George’s Residence Hall, and lead all the way up to the Back to School BBQ on Sept. 4 — the first day of classes.
Check out the fun-filled agenda in store for new student residents:
- Sunday, Aug. 24: New students move-in from 10 a.m.-2 p.m., followed by the the new student resident parent orientation and family dinner at 6 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 25: Grab-and-go breakfast at 10 a.m., followed by shopping trips to Target, IKEA and other retailers to give students the opportunity to purchase items for their rooms at the residence hall.
- Monday, Aug. 26: Resident student orientation, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Coffee mug decoration at 6 p.m
- Tuesday, Aug. 27: Neighborhood tour at 1 p.m. Game night and dessert in a mug at 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 28: Orientation at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 29: Movie night at Brooklyn Bridge Park, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 30: Grab-and-go lunch at 10 a.m. Explore city sights, including the neighborhoods of DUMBO and Williamsburg.
- Saturday, Aug. 31: Trip to Grand Army Plaza Green Market at noon.
- Sunday, Sept. 1: Returning students move in at 10 a.m., followed by a mailbox decorating and pizza party at 6 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 2: Shipwrecked mini golf, 1 p.m.
**Please RSVP to a residence assistant or Michele Corsetti at firstname.lastname@example.org by Aug. 29**
- Tuesday, Sept. 3: Getting to Know Your Floor, noon-4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 4: Back to School BBQ, noon-2 p.m.